This exercise demonstrates the use of the TreeListControls. It combines a
tree with a list, whose nodes can be opened and closed. For this, the programmer
merely provides the display data (of the data model) by the implementation of a
The TreeListControl offers the following features:
- The lines at the uppermost level can be displayed or hidden. Different images can be stored in an ImageMap for the nodes and the leaves. The assignment of the images to the relevant tree nodes takes place with the help of regular expressions.
- The control element independently administers all the necessary status data across several Server Roundtrips. This includes, for example, the exploded or closed status of a tree node.
- Check boxes can be displayed or hidden before the tree entries. When selecting a node at a lower level, all the higher-level nodes are selected automatically.
The following steps are required for using the TreeListControl:
- Selection of the layout for the user interface.
- Derivation of an action class.
- Instancing of a TreeListControl.
- Provision of display data.
- Configuration of the control element within the JSP-Page.
to step 1